Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Loneliness

Here I am again & to post another one of my old poems. I don't like it much. You may not either as it reflects on negative emotions. Don't know what it is about me that makes me express my emotions a lot better poetically when I am sad or down. Must try to write a happy poem sometime. Till then read this one. I wrote this poem when I was going through some difficult times in my life and I felt all alone. The people around me hadn't changed, but my view of the world around me had and the loneliness of the journey was exhausting. But I also realized that there are certain journeys that will be trudged alone and the changes it produces in you if good would be worth the pain inflicted on you.


In times of mirth and plenty
When we basked in days sunny
I never found reason to question
Who stood by me in love true

Now autumns changed to endless summer
No water does the ground yield
To even a distressed sojourner
All hope is lost, for deafness abounds

I am in despair, I cry in space
Seasons, world, family, friends, every things changed
I stand still and time does not
Whats to become of me, the poet pondered

Then I turned and looked in darkness vast
Stepped, stumbled and trod on hungry ground
I faced the truth of ancient wisdom
That when all is lost, ones lone

Now I read your mind, the poet muses
Did not even strangers water these very lips?
Yes kindness I received, I do not deny
Nevertheless it’s not the body that despaireth, but the spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one, Jerry. You have beautifully captured your emotions.